Jump to content


What are the things the wipers go through in the cowl called?

  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 1stwasa51


    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Location:North Iowa

Posted 28 March 2010 - 06:27 PM

I am putting my car back together and noticed on the cowl where the wiper arms are attached the gaskets are in bad shape. I was going to look for new gaskets (any ideas?) but have no idea what these chrome things would be called except for chrome things that wiper arms attach to. Anybody know the correct term?

Also anybody have an easy way to hold the wiper pivot through the cowl until the set screw can be tightened down, or is it a 2 man job?

#2 suntennis


    Advanced Member

  • Contributing Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • Location:Scottsdale, Arizona


Posted 29 March 2010 - 11:20 AM

The parts book refers to the items as a pivot and cover for the windshield wiper. If anyone would have the rubber gasket for these parts it would probably Dave at krusn64@aol.com . He is making a lot rubber products for older cars. I made the rubber gaskets out of rubber from either the hardware store or an old intertube. As to the assembly of the pivot and cover, I was able to do it myself because the dash and windshield were out at the time. If you dash and winshield are in, it may take some creative thinking to do it yourself, otherwise get a friend to help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users