HawkHero

Tool Kits

5 posts in this topic

Did Plymouth/Mopar ever offer a tool kit for our cars? I know a lot of European manufacturers offered tool kits for the trunk and have seen sellers on ebay offering various  "kits" which really seem to be nothing more than collections of old hand tools.So far as I can tell, my car came to me with the original jack, base, lug wrench, and chock that was sold with the car. 

Pictures would be great if available. 

Thanks!!

--Brian

This picture was part of an ad for a 1936 Plymouth sedan I saw in 2013. It appeared to be a highly original car. The ad claimed it was an original tool kit. I have a friend who just purchased a low milage1935 PJ coupe with a tool kit. I'll see if can can send me a picture of his tools.

plymouth tool kits_med.jpg

From another site. This tool kit was said to found in a 1931 Plymouth. The pouch was patterned after the deteriorated original.

1931 PLYMOUTH TOOL KIT.png

If you have a parts breakdown book....look in section 20 for the tool kit, if shown, the kit will have a number and each parts within the kit should also be listed beneath.  Last car I show a kit for tools is the 46-48 Plymouth....but then, my support material is limited.

Ply tool kit roll.jpg