Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
slingshot2u

Wide Whites

5 posts in this topic

Looking to keep my wide whites bright and keep them from yellowing. I've been using dishwashing liquid and a lot of elbow grease. Don't want to scuff them up nor do I want to bleach them. Any other suggestions will be appreciated?

I use a product called "Awesome" It comes in a spray bottle and I buy it from the Dollar Store. I have seen it in other stores such as Menards or Home Depot. I just spray it on and use a scotch Brite pad or a stiff bristled brush. Then a little water to rinse, and towel dry. Works great. Hope that helps....

I use Wide White Whitewall Tire Cleaner which is made for Coker Tire. I bought it at a car show, but it is sold by Summit Racing and other sources. price is about $6.95. There is no need to use an abrasive pad with it. Maybe just a brush and cloth.

When I was young (50+ years ago) I'd wash my uncle's 54 Caddy Eldorado with white walls and used Ajax on them. I know better than that now. :lol:

I use Simple Green spray on my Coker wide whites with a used kitchen non stick scouring pad and they've stayed pretty white since I've had the car. I also have used a brush with plastic bristles when needed.

Tony